Historical Edmonton Homes
The Molstad House in Bonnie Doon Edmonton is situated at 9633 95 Avenue NW, minutes to downtown core and steps away from the Millcreek ravine.
This two-story brick and wood Bonnie Doon house originally rested on five acres of land and was surrounded by a circular driveway, fountains, and trees. 1912 built for Edmonton realtor Edward H. Molstad and wife Addie, the house became well known in the community for its annual Christmas parties for local children. In its day it was considered ultra-modern and boasted oak paneling, hardwood floors, sculptured ceilings, brass chandeliers, and an unusual fireplace in the dining room. On the second floor, there were five bedrooms and two bathrooms. Living quarters for the cook, maid and other help for the Molstad’s farm were in the upper portion of the house.
In 1931 the residence was converted into an apartment building, but the Molstad’s continued to live in a part of the house. Edward H. Molstad passed away in 1953 and Addie in 1982, but their home found new life under the guiding hands of Walter and Jean Kipp, who undertook considerable renovations, restoring this wonderful home to its original glory. Its importance has been acknowledged by the City of Edmonton, becoming the first residential building to receive the historical designation.
This Bonnie Doon area house has been awarded the Edmonton Historical Board Plaque Award. It was last sold on the MLS system in 2015 for only $945,000 by our Remax Elite real estate broker. For more information or to learn the value of your Bonnie Doon Edmonton homes, contact us at 780-910-5179.