Historical Edmonton Homes
The Hogate Mansion is located at 6210 Ada Boulevard in Highlands Edmonton the historical Chown house and the Magrath Mansion. This magnificent residence was built in 1912 and was designed by renowned architects Arthur Nesbitt and Ernest Morehouse. The home was built for real estate developer Bidwell Holgate, who with business partner William Magrath, invested significant amounts of money into developing the Highlands district.
Experts describe this home as an excellent example of Edwardian architecture with Arts and Crafts and Tudor Revival influences. Exquisite finishing dominates the 5,500 square feet of living space. Oak flooring and paneling are found throughout the home which contains numerous architectural and design delights. A hand-painted, linen wall covering with historical motifs, wraps around the main floor den. A built curved china cabinet, lady’s mahogany parlor, pillared living room with hammered brass fireplace, and more hand-painted frescos can be found throughout the home. The exterior is brick on the lower portions and stucco on the upper floors.
Originally, a carriage house, built before the First World War, it occupied part of the lot behind the house but was demolished a number of years ago. The residence has been designated as a Provincial Historic Resource.
This magnificent Tudor-style historic Mansion with an amazing view of the river valley was last sold by our Edmonton Remax Realtor in 2006 for $950,000. For more information or to learn the value of your Highlands Edmonton homes, contact us at 780-910-5179.