Grant McConachie House
Historical Edmonton homes
The Grant McConachie House is located in Calder across from St Michael's Ukrainian Orthodox Church at 12909 - 121 Street, Edmonton. It was originally built in 1917, the McConachie House was later the boyhood home of Grant McConachie, President of C.P. Air, from 1947 to his death in 1965. McConachie's flying career was an exceptional one and his activities spanned Canada's aviation history from the days of bush travel until the days of long-distance jet travel.
This north Edmonton house is a simple, two-story wood-frame structure with a gambrel roof. There are other houses similar to it in the Calder area. Its significance derives from its typicality. Housing similar to it in date and style can be found throughout Alberta usually occupied by middle-class families engaged in the trades or business.
The Grant McConachie House is registered as a historical resource is full of Douglas fir woodwork, copper-plated heating vents, French doors, beautiful bay windows, clawfoot bathtub, hardwood flooring throughout. Numerous upgrades include kitchen cabinetry, all appliances, newer furnace, hot water tank, electrical, plumbing, weeping tile, low-E argon wind out windows upstairs, exterior doors & locks, heating & vents, new roof over the veranda, newer shower & plumbing upstairs, copper line, period-correct steel & chrome faucets, beautiful oak & tile gas fireplace with a heated garage built 1998 with oversized trusses matched to scale with the house.
There are no recent MLS sales on this adorable north Edmonton home but was once for sale in 2010 for an asking price of $339,900. For more information or to learn the value of your Calder Edmonton homes, contact us at 780-910-5179.